This October, learn the best practices in succession management from some of the leaders in the fieldundefinedright near you!
SIOP’s 10th Annual Leading Edge Consortium, “Succession Strategies: Building Your Leadership Bench,” will be held October 17-18, 2014 at the Loews Chicago O’Hare. Registration is filling up quickly, but limited seats are still available. Register online at www.siop.org/lec!
The global environment is shifting faster than ever before. Business objectives change frequently. Knowledge work is increasing, and organizations are more matrixed and interconnected. With these new realities, leadership requirements are changing as well. A recent study from the Corporate Leadership Council showed that 31% of leaders are in newly created roles. Despite significant time spent on high-potential development and succession management processes, only 28% of current leaders were pre-identified in a succession plan, and only 25% of organizations report they have the leadership bench they need. Does your organization?
This year’s LEC is aimed at helping organizations effectively deal with succession issues. It is devoted to topics that are core to effective succession management, such as how to:
• Strategically align succession management with the organization’s goals and future direction, making it a business imperative
• Effectively manage succession globally
• Identify and develop high-potential leaders
• Build talent pools that are strong, broad, diverse, and capable
Attendees will also have the opportunity to participate in “Ask The Expert” small group discussions focusing on the design of succession management systems with expert facilitators from companies such as Google, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, IBM, and Prudential.
This is the meeting your colleagues and competitors are talking about. This is your opportunity not just to hear presentations but to exchange ideas and best practices with industry leaders and respected peers in an environment designed to foster learning and networking.
The consortium includes lunch on Friday and Saturday, breaks, and a reception on Thursday evening. In addition to top-notch presentations by presenters from industries as diverse as Intel, PepsiCo, and Boeing, attendees will also have access to:
• Unparalleled contact with speakers and fellow succession strategists during small group sessions, breaks, lunch, and a special Friday night dine-around dinner through Chicago
• Online presentation materials
• The LEC 2015 Resource Guide: a compilation of presenter references and citations for relevant articles, websites, and publications
• The opportunity to earn up to 8.5 continuing education credits for psychology* or 7.25 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.**
Don’t miss your chance to reserve a seat at this exciting succession planning event. Register today or learn more at www.siop.org/lec!
*SIOP is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. SIOP maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
**SIOP holds HR Certification Institute Approved Provider status.